My goal as your resident reluctant blogger is to make you laugh at how ridiculous parenting sometimes is. We go through so many difficult things as parents, and especially as moms. It’s no wonder that some animal species eat their young. (I know, old joke.)
A couple things to know about my blog:
- I love my family, and love being a mom, but irreverence helps me cope.
- If you are offended by something that I say on this blog, you should assume that I am kidding and that you didn’t get the joke. (You are more than welcome to take me to task by posting a comment. I never shrink away from a good debate.)
- I believe that the way that we ought to engage the world around us is with grace. Our God has dealt us an enormous measure of grace and it is only appropriate that this should be the standard for all of our relationships. This includes our marriages, our families, our friends and most importantly, our kids.
- I am absolutely oblivious to blogger etiquette. I have no idea of what I am, and am not supposed to do in the bloggoshere. Honestly, I’m not really interested in knowing the rules. It seems to me that those that are unaware of the boundaries under which they should approach a creative process, are those who have the audacity to blow past our ideas of normal.
- I can’t wait to hear from my readers! I want this blog to be a place where people can come and share their own parenting woes, yet encourage others by choosing joy. For right now, I will be posting your comments after approval. I will not post anything that is abusive, threatening or profane. Controversial and thought provoking is definitely welcome.
Top Ten Tuesdays- The top 10 list that never occurs on Tuesday. Not even accidentally. The purpose of this feature is to make you laugh. It’s basically a time and productivity suck. Don’t expect to learn anything useful.
Slacker Mom Shortcuts- Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Sometimes, even this hairbrained, cottonheaded ninny-muggins makes a contribution to the world. These are probably another poor use of time, but at least you might learn something.
Scottsdale Mom’s Blog Column- CandidMotherhood also appears as a monthly column (usually)on Scottsdale Mom’s Blog. If you’d like to read the archive, they’re all in one place for you. Just a note: I give other people my best writing usually. Why? Because I am self-depricating. That’s why the writing on this blog is usually sparce and mediocre.
So I am now officially a passenger on the good Ol’ Bloggy Bandwagon. It’s a bumpy, dusty ride, but its better than getting left at the ranch.